From: Simon Clubley <clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP>
Subject: Re: Deleting or editing usenet posts - does it work? fast?
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:47:14 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2014-10-14T19:47:14+00:00	[thread overview]

On 2014-10-14, Phil <dr.kazino@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use the pan newsreader. It has an option to revise or cancel a post.
>
> Because a weblink I posted wrapped to a second line, you could not click
> on it as a weblink. So I replied with a correction and then tried
> cancelling. I hope this feature works......
>
> Do these options work? in this news group?

It's Usenet server specific.

Assuming your originating Usenet server doesn't outright drop the cancel
on the floor, it's up to each receiving Usenet server if it honours the
cancel or ignores it as some servers have it disabled due to abuse.

However, I haven't had to look at this for at _least_ a couple of years
so I have no idea what percentage "some servers" actually is these days.

Simon.