From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: access-to-classwide has non-static size?
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 21:11:32 +0000
Date: 2015-03-27T21:11:32+00:00	[thread overview]

sbelmont700@gmail.com writes:

> On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 10:18:51 AM UTC-4, Simon Wright wrote:
>>
>> I've worked out how to do it at elaboration now:
>>
>>    The_Instance_Events : access Event_Queues.Vector :=
>>      new Event_Queues.Vector (Capacity => Capacity);
>>
>> (compiled but not yet executed - more challenges still to overcome!)
>
> Don't forget the 2012 'bounded' vector, which I presume would be
> acceptable for your situation ("Bounded vector objects should be
> implemented without implicit pointers or dynamic allocation.")

It is the 2012 bounded vector.

There are issues;

   with Ada.Containers.Bounded_Vectors;
   package V is new Ada.Containers.Bounded_Vectors
     (Positive, Some_Access_Type);

is treated by GNAT GPL 2014 and FSF GCC 4.9.1 as if it violated
No_Implicit_Heap_Allocation (and in fact the generated code does indeed
call _gnat_malloc()). GCC 5.0.0 doesn't do this.

Still having similar problems with a big object with POs and tasks. You
would think that if the compiler was going to generate a .ali which says
the unit violates a restriction then it would also generate a warning
message, so I guess this is another example of the same bug as above -
or similar, anyway.