From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Strange compile-time error  with Ada.Containers.Indefinite_Hashed_Maps
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 07:30:28 +0100
Date: 2014-05-20T07:30:28+01:00	[thread overview]

"J-P. Rosen" <rosen@adalog.fr> writes:

> Le 19/05/2014 18:00, mockturtle a écrit :
>> My setup is a bit peculiar: I have GNAT installed under /usr/gnat
>> which is actually a symbolic link to /usr/gnat-2014-05-15.  When I
>> install a new version of GNAT, I create a new directory under /usr
>> and move the link of /usr/gnat to the new version.  In this way, I
>> can keep the old version(s) (if something goes wrong I can go back to
>> the old setup), while avoiding (I hope) mix-up between versions.
>
> Well, I do that all the time (I have many versions of Gnat installed -
> all thosed used by my clients, + at least the current and the previous
> GPL). Never had any problem, a symbolic link is so convenient.
>
> (of course, managing several versions of Gnat under Windows is a bit
> more challenging...)

I wrote gnatef[1] many years ago when you needed to set several
environment variables to get things to work properly (PATH, of course,
C_INCLUDE_PATH, GCC_EXEC_PREFIX, possibly others). I still use it
(setting GNAT_PREFIX to the location of the version I want to use,
e.g. /opt/gcc-4.9.0) but in fact modern GNATs use the location of
gnatmake (or, I expect, gprbuild) to set things up: so you can either
set PATH or say e.g. /opt/gnat-gpl-2014/bin/gnatmake -P foo. On Unixes,
at any rate.

[1] http://gnuada.sourceforge.net/pmwiki.php/Packages/Gnatfe