From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Protected handlers & entry bodies
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 22:46:24 +0000
Date: 2015-01-20T22:46:24+00:00	[thread overview]

> I see. Your point is that GNAT is buggy and that's likely to cause problems
> in some obscure and non-reproducible cases.
>
> But this has nothing to do with the language. Just because there is a
> permission to do something (use some other task to execute an entry body)
> does not mean that it should be used, especially if that is potentially
> causing problems.

Not sure that GNAT's actually buggy. Re-reading C.3.1(17):

   When the aspects Attach_Handler or Interrupt_Handler are specified
   for a protected procedure, the implementation is allowed to impose
   implementation-defined restrictions on the corresponding
   protected_type_declaration and protected_body.

it seems to me it'd be fair to claim that restrictions could be imposed
on entry bodies. With my current implementation, one such would be to
disallow the use of Ada.Real_Time.Clock!