From: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: ... !! GPS
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 18:39:41 +0000	[thread overview]

Mehdi Saada <00120260a@gmail.com> writes:

> I wish gps weird unintuitive behavior would not add a source of
> irritation to my already existing difficulties.
> This:
> with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO;
> procedure Main is begin
>    Put_Line("essai factoriels: de 1 à 5");
> end Main;
>
> results in:
> /bin/sh -c /home/mehdi/obj/main
> [2021-01-29 17:08:00] process terminated successfully, elapsed time: 00.25s

Did you choose "run in an external terminal"? Try not checking that box

> project Default is
>     for Source_Dirs use ("src");
>     for Object_Dir use "obj";
>     for Main use ("main.adb");
> end Default;
>
> it always uses "src" which includes the files from other
> projects/exos. So they appear on the project... !

I suggest you use a different top level directory for each project:

~/project1/...
~/project2/...

Also, I find
   for Exec_Dir use ".";
helpful

> Is there a simple compiler which still corrects for semantics ?

DWIM considered dangerous! Wikipedia:

   "DWIM (do what I mean) computer systems attempt to anticipate what
   users intend to do, correcting trivial errors automatically rather
   than blindly executing users' explicit but potentially incorrect
   input."