From: Jeffrey Carter <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org>
Subject: Re: assigning priority to task
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 22:32:53 -0700
Date: 2014-09-23T22:32:53-07:00	[thread overview]

On 09/23/2014 08:39 PM, Stribor40 wrote:
> Also my box has 2 cores. Is there way in ada to see which core is running which task?

On many modern processors, each core can execute 2 tasks at the same time
(effectively). So it may be possible for all 4 tasks in your example to run at
the same time.

An Ada-12 compiler that implements Annex D has pkg
System.Multiprocessors.Dispatching_Domains (ARM D.16.1) that lets you determine
the CPU that a task is running on, as well as aspect CPU to force a task to run
on a specific CPU. Compilers for earlier versions of Ada may have
vendor-specific ways to do similar things.

--
Jeff Carter
"All citizens will be required to change their underwear