From: Victor Porton <porton@narod.ru>
Subject: Ada.Containers.Indefinite_Holders in GNAT and Ada2012
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 22:25:15 +0300
Date: 2014-08-09T22:25:15+03:00	[thread overview]

I tried to write:

Element(Object)'Access;

for "Object" being a value of an instance of
Ada.Containers.Indefinite_Holders.

This does not work because the return type of Element is not aliased.

Then I tried:

Reference(Object).all'Access;

This does not work because in GNAT 4.9 a-coinho.ads source file is not up to
date with Ada2012 and there are no Reference function here.

My questions:

1. How long to wait for GNAT to work with this? (in which GNAT version?)

2. In a conforming Ada2012 compiler `Reference(Object).all'Access;` is
semantically correct, isn't it?

In the meantime, I need to write for my private use a container similar to
Ada.Containers.Indefinite_Holders for aliased objects by myself :-(

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org