From: Tarek Ghaleb <invalid@invalid.org>
Subject: System.Address to Access to function/procedure conversion
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 15:27:48 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2013-07-28T15:27:48+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post to comp.lang.ada and it is so embarrassingly
trivial. Given an Address of a function/procedure, how can you call it
or convert the address to an access?

I first thought of System.Address_To_Access_Conversions, but then it
doesn't seem to work for a function/procedure.

The way I finally did it was to wrap an access to the function in a
record and then pass the Address of the record, but there must be a
simpler way.

As for why not just pass an Access to the function directly, the
Address is actually passed to a C function which later passes it back
to Ada.

Tarek.

--
For fools rush in where angels fear to tread. -- Alexander Pope