From: newsflash.concordia.ca!nstn.ns.ca!jmacleod@uunet.uu.net  (James Mac Leod)
Subject: Ada interrupts
Date: 6 Jan 93 18:39:18 GMT	[thread overview]

I am looking for information on how to write interrupts in
Meridian Ada 4.1.4 for serial communications on a 286 PC.  I am familiar
with the 8250 UART chip in the 286 and how to initialize it (i.e. the baud
rate, parity, etc).  The problem is how the Ada tasks work.  I have tried
using entry clauses to both interrupt C and B  but neither appear to work.
I have also tried saving the DOS interrupt vector using DOS function call
250C and restoring using 350C.  Are these functions only for interrupt C?
If so what are the function calls for interrupt B?  A similar program
written in Alsys Ada works on an XT which uses interrupt C.  The 286 has a
different serial port address so maybe it should use interrupt B.  The port
is at address 2F8H.  Any body give me a hand?  It would be greatly
appreciated.

Jamie

My EMAIL address is: jmacleod@fox.nstn.ns.ca

Micronav International Inc
P.O.Box 1523 / 104 Marine Drive
Sydport Industrial Park,
Sydney, N.S. Canada B1P 6R7
Tel: 902-564-8833      Fax: 902-564-8764