From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: File "form" and mainstream systems.
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:00:42 -0500
Date: 2008-08-21T23:00:42-05:00	[thread overview]

Sure, but it's implementation-defined, and thus may vary from compiler to
compiler. Can't do anything portable with it.

Janus/Ada uses Form to control the file sharing mode on Windows, and also to
set (or not) the CP/M compatibility mode (where <ctrl>-Z is treated as a
file terminator). I'm pretty sure GNAT has such capabilities, too, but I
think the syntax is different. (Remember that Form is a String).

                                     Randy.