From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: DOS Options
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:45:09 -0600
Date: 2007-12-21T18:45:09-06:00	[thread overview]

"Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@acm.nospam.org> wrote in message
news:eXDaj.259984$Fc.65173@attbi_s21...
> Randy Brukardt wrote:
> > Ada.Command_Line is a thinly-veiled wrapper on the normal C "argv/argc"
> > mechanism. I think most Ada compilers simply copy that mechanism (that's
> > pretty much a requirement on Unix, and it is better for portability on
all
> > platforms). The fact that that mechanism isn't very useful is not
considered
> > relevant. (And yes, for the record, Janus/Ada does exactly that for
> > Ada.Command_Line. We don't even bother to use Ada.Command_Line for the
> > command line processing of our compiler and tools; it is just as easy to
> > process starting from the original string.)
> >
> >                        Randy.
> >

> This got posted 5 times. That's a record, even for you.

I didn't notice that each time I wrote a message (and I wrote a bunch that
day), it tried again to post that message and failed (well, failed on this
end, obviously it didn't *actually* fail). Normally, it would just try when
I close the newsreader and then again when I reopen it (leading to a double
posting at most). That behavior hasn't repeated (that goodness), but I'm not
at all sure what is going on in any case. Hopefully it will go away and stay
that way...

                       Randy.