From: sjw <simon.j.wright@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Ada and EDF in Win32?
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:52:20 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-06-19T08:52:20-07:00	[thread overview]

On Jun 19, 1:36 am, Günther Wimpassinger <marsianre1...@gmx.net>
wrote:

> I just started learning Ada and try to implement a small tasking example
> (some homework). I would like to use EDF scheduling, but if I try
> "with Ada.Dispatcher.EDF" I get an errormessage during compilation:
> "EDF is not supported in this configuration"
>
> I tried to add "pragma Task_Dispatching_Policy(EDF_Within_Priorities)".
> In the .adb sourcfile and in the "gnat.adc" config file. But this
> does not change anything.
>
> Is EDF only available on systems, where the OS/Environment supports EDF
> or is it possible to use EDF in Ada on standard PC OSs (like GNU/Linux
> or Windows without realtime extensions).

I assume you're using GNAT. The header of a-disdef.ads in GNAT GPL
2009 on Mac OX X (find this in GPS by selecting Help > GNAT Runtime >
Ada 2005 > Ada > Dispatching > EDF) says

--  This unit is not implemented in typical GNAT implementations that
lie on
--  top of operating systems, because it is infeasible to implement in
such
--  environments.

--  If a target environment provides appropriate support for this
package,
--  then the Unimplemented_Unit pragma should be removed from this
spec and
--  an appropriate body provided.