From: Martin Dowie <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com>
Subject: Re: Task Management
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:55:39 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2005-12-28T12:55:39+00:00	[thread overview]

Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> On 28 Dec 2005 03:27:52 -0800, The One Who Rages wrote:
>

>>I am new to ada.
>

> You are welcome, though the following is not Ada question.
>

>>I am trying to develop a simple system for managing
>>different(predefined) tasks.
>>I need to know time consumption for each task(f.e task with id 1 used
>>213 ms of processor). Could anyone point me vision of solution?
>>I can estimate of course, but it is not sattisfactying me.
>>
>>I work under winXP, with gnat compiler.
>

> See Win32 API procedure GetThreadTimes in MSDN. GNAT Ada tasks are most
> likely mapped to Windows threads. Call GetCurrentThread once from a task to
> identify it. The result is a pseudo handle. Use DuplicateHandle on it to
> get another (true) handle to the thread. This one can be used outside it
> (in another task.)
>
> P.S. GNAT has Win32 bindings.

For Ada2005 there will be a new package "Ada.Execution_Time". I have a
version of this that works with ObjectAda (i.e. Ada95) but not currently
with GNAT. If anyone is interested in this, please email me. Perhaps
I'll update my website someday! :-)

I'll see if I can update it to use a general solution using the above
method described by Dmitry.

Cheers

-- Martin