From: dd24fan <d3v3r4@gmail.com>
Subject: Debugging Audio Issue using Windows 7?
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 06:56:05 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2014-10-02T06:56:05-07:00	[thread overview]

Looking for some guidance on what to do with an application on Windows 7 playing audio sounds on 2 devices (Realtek onboard & Soundblaster Z).  Currently with legacy API all sounds come through the Realtek device only.

In Windows XP the application used to play sounds on the onboard and an older Sound Blaster card when software was triggered by a hardware input.

Windows 7 has Core Audio APIs now but I'm not sure how to integrate it with legacy API so that I can play certain sounds to the Realtek and Sound Blaster like in XP.

I'm using ObjectAda 8.2.2 (can't upgrade due to contractual issues) and there is a directory (..\ObjectAda\win32ada\binding\win32) that has the winapi, winapiconstants, win32.mmsystem, etc ada code.

Our application code then uses pragma Elaborates to reference the files (see example below)

   with Ada.Unchecked_Conversion;
   with Winapi;
   with Winapiconstants;
   with Unchecked_Conversion;
   with System;
   with Win32.Mmsystem;
   with Idirectsound;
   with Idirectsoundbuffer;
   with Vc;
   with Cwavesoundread;

pragma Elaborate(Winapi);
pragma Elaborate(Winapiconstants);
pragma Elaborate(Unchecked_Conversion);
pragma Elaborate(System);
pragma Elaborate(Win32.Mmsystem);
pragma Elaborate(Idirectsound);
pragma Elaborate(Idirectsoundbuffer);
pragma Elaborate(Vc);
pragma Elaborate(Cwavesoundread);
pragma Elaborate(Interfaces.C);

I guess my question would be is there a way to modify existing code without having to re-write all of it to the new Windows 7 Core Audio API?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Davelin