From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: [Apex] Am I the only one who wants vi keybindings???
Date: 1997/02/12
Date: 1997-02-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

AAARGH! Steve wrote

<< I once was a vi freak typing out those bizarre command lines strings that
replaced the 3rd charcter of every word beginning with a d with the letter
f.  But I took some time (about a week) and decided to give this new fangled
emacs thing a try.>>

and broke what to me is one of the cardinal rules of postings on newsgroups.
NEVER EVER start a thread on vi-vs-emacs!!

Please, let's not have a whole lot of followups on this, please use whatever
editor you like, whether it be emacs or vi or stone tablets and chisels, and
be happy with your choice without feeling the need to evangelize :-)