From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: fixed point type over an interface.
Date: 1997/02/12
Date: 1997-02-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Wes said

<<If you are using Ada-83, I know of at least one compiler where a rep-spec
on 'Small cannot be trusted.  This compiler always uses a multiple of
four bits for the fractional part, and for the integer part, uses the
smallest multiple of four bits that can hold the range.

There can always be bugs in compilers, and this is clearly one! If it is
still there in the current release, it should be fixed.

But I don't see any point in suggesting that ones choice of techniques
should be influenced by one particular bug in one particular compiler
that you happen to know about!