From: tmoran@bix.com
Subject: Re: Array access via pointer?
Date: 2000/08/02
Date: 2000-08-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>The size and value of the two types [System.Address, Arr2'access]
>are the same; it's just how Ada thinks of them that's
>different. Just for my own sanity, I looked at the body for
>System.Address_To_Access_Conversions. To_Pointer() and To_Address()
>are just Unchecked_Conversions (though dressed up a bit with private
  Perhaps on the compiler and OS and machine you are using, they happen
to be the same.  On a compiler I regularly use that is targeted at
Intel chips, 'access is 32 bits (assume a single segment, ie flat
memory model), but System.Address is 48 bits (segment + offset,
necessary in some situations) Clearly you can't use
Unchecked_Conversion there, and the compiler's
System.Address_To_Access_Conversions takes account of the difference.

>Well, no, I wasn't just taking a wild guess.
  Just making an unjustified assumption. ;)