From: Diogenes <phathax0r@gmail.com>
Subject: Extended Exceptions and other tweaks.
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 13:01:51 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2013-03-30T13:01:51-07:00	[thread overview]

First of all...thanks to everyone who have given me pointers on my initial runtime hacking experiments. I'm really trucking now.

Currently, just to gain some experience in this area, I building my own runtime targeted to the Native platform, but using a much more rigorous process. Using the Spark tools, unit testing everything, etc...

Since I'm working on the Ada Exceptions mechanism, I began to wonder if it might not make sense to add security related exceptions as a possible extension. I have ACLs going on one machine here, and of course Caps going on others.

Would something like this be useful to the community, or would it be too much? Since a security related exception does not necessarily indicate an error in the program itself; it could indicate a conflict with the policy set up by a System Administrator. Seems like it might be prudent to indicate that explicitly.

Are there any other tweaks or extensions that people might find useful?

Diogenes