From: Jeffrey Creem <jeff@thecreems.com>
Subject: Re: Ada.Numerics.Generic_Real_Arrays: Problem with Transpose
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 12:14:57 GMT
Date: 2007-08-01T12:14:57+00:00	[thread overview]

Ken Thomas wrote:
> On Jul 27, 10:52 am, Colin Paul Gloster <Colin_Paul_Glos...@ACM.org>
> wrote:
>> On 2007-07-27, Ken Thomas <k...@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> |----------------------------------------------------------------------|
>> |"[..]                                                                 |
>> |                                                                      |
>> |[..] I have reported it to Adacore.                                   |
>> |                                                                      |
>> |[..]"                                                                 |
>> |----------------------------------------------------------------------|
>>
>> Thanks. Has Ada Core Technologies acknowledged that it will fix it
>> soon? It has a reputation for not giving bug reports which are not
>> part of a paid support contract prompt conclusions.
>
> The GPL edition (2007) only gets limited support :-(
> Ken

Well, of course there are no wavefronts for the GPL edition to fix bug
reports but big errors like this are almost always fixed in the next GPL
release even if they are only submitted via non-supported users.

In general the problem (if there is one) is really just the lack of
transparency for non-supported users..Not so much the lack of looking at
the issues.