That does not resolve the problem. I need to change the size of the array after it has been created. With your solution once array_called_p has been created it will never change its size. I need this: ... preceding Ada statements declare -- scope of array_called_p type my_array_type is array ( positive range <> ) of integer; array_called_p : my_array_type ( 1 .. variable ); begin -- scope of array_called_p ... Ada statements that use array_called_p variable := variable+50; -- We increase the size of the array in 50 elementes .... HERE I need array_called_p to increase its size so it can hold 50 more elements end; -- scope of array_called_p ... following Ada statements The solution in c++ is easy as I posted before. Simply free the memory and reserve new memory to hold the new size of the array. "Larry Kilgallen" escribi� en el mensaje news:HFiRcRlG5JiR@eisner.encompasserve.org... > In article , "Nacho" writes: > > Hi everyone! > > > > I am learning ada and i have to implement an array of unknown size until > > rutime. > > The array must be resizable at runtime. This is easy to achieve for me in > > other lenguajes like c++, but i am new to ada and i don't know hot to > > resolve the problem. The solution in c++ code could be: > > > > > > > > int variable=50; //let's make an array of 50 elements. > > int* p; //pointer to int, if the array is of integers. > > p=new int[variable]; //we reserve memory for 50 integers. > > > > > > .... //some code with the array here. > > > > delete [] p; //we free the allocated memory for the array. > > variable=80; //we change the size of the array. > > p=new int[variable]; //we have a new array with the new size. > > Wow, C looks like a lot of work !!!!! > > ... preceding Ada statements > > declare -- scope of array_called_p > type my_array_type is array ( positive range <> ) of integer; > array_called_p : my_array_type ( 1 .. variable ); > begin -- scope of array_called_p > ... Ada statements that use array_called_p > end; -- scope of array_called_p > > ... following Ada statements > > In general, Ada rarely requires pointers.