From: Martin <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com>
Subject: Re: Lambda expressions? LINQ?
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:58:19 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-09-18T00:58:19-07:00	[thread overview]

On Sep 16, 11:46 am, "Jeffrey R. Carter"
<spam.jrcarter....@spam.acm.org> wrote:
> Steve D wrote:
>
> > Using LINQ and the .NET framework I was able to query an XML document
> > for all elements with a given element name, select an attribute with a
> > specific name, split the content of the attribute (a comma separated
> > list of strings) into it's individual strings and return an array of
> > unique elements... in one line of source code. ... Wow!
>
> Sounds like a write-only language to me.
>
> --
> Jeff Carter
> "My dear Mrs. Hemoglobin, when I first saw you, I
> was so enamored with your beauty I ran to the basket,
> jumped in, went down to the city, and bought myself a
> wedding outfit."
> Never Give a Sucker an Even Break
> 111

No, no - it just looks like SQL! Very readable - even for non-SQLers.
It's been >15 years since I did /any/ DB work and I manage to follow
LINQ (in C# - a language I don't know) quite easily.

Cheers
-- Martin

p.s. some examples at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vcsharp/aa336758.aspx