From: David Starner <dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu>
Subject: Re: Graphics in GNAT for Linux, how?
Date: 31 Jan 2002 04:10:28 GMT
Date: 2002-01-31T04:10:28+00:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:23:12 -0000, chris.danx <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> "JOL" <181873@cienz.unizar.es> wrote in message
>> A example, please.
>
> DirectX, AdaGraph, JEWL, Gwindows, GtkAda, Opengl...?  You'll have to be
> more specific before we can help you.

How about OpenGL? I'm taking a programming class on graphics using
OpenGL and GLUT, and I have my choice of languages for programs. I have
found a binding for OpenGL and GLUT on the web, but it was painfully
thin -
procedure glutInit (argcp : access Integer; argv  : access Interfaces.C.Strings.Chars_Ptr);
is overly difficult to use for Ada, when all it needs is the command
line or a reasonable facismilie thereof. I can't use anything that would
hide the GL, though, so it has to be reasonably thin. Anyone know of a
suitable binding to OpenGL and GLUT?

I guess I could do it in Java (which I've only glanced at) or Fortran 77
(which is suitably perverse), or just plain C/C++. Any one know of any
more interesting languages with OpenGL bindings - Ocaml, or APL or the
like?

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu, dvdeug/jabber.com (Jabber)
What we've got is a blue-light special on truth. It's the hottest thing