=?utf-8?Q?Yannick_Duch=C3=AAne_=28Hibou57?= =?utf-8?Q?=29?= expounded in news:op.vhwgr3ovule2fv@garhos: > Le Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:51:34 +0200, Warren a > écrit: >>> You got it (about the compile-time bug-box, especially when you do >>> no > t >>> have any other choice for the compiler) >> >> It can be a fun exercise to see what is provoking the >> bug box. > Except when this ends to understand there will be no good workaround > and you will have to change many thing (especially do not like it if > what has to be changed.... is at the interface level) I know - but so far I've been successful. I find often I provoke bug-oxes by doing something grossly wrong (like compile a non-gnatprepped source) or I do something unusual but otherwise legal. When the later, it is usually just a mater of making the code "more normal" than "elegant". >> While it is best to report those, I do find that .. > Also, just think bug repository may be actively feed: If so, then my bug(s) are probably covered. > just try to > imagine yourself at the other side of this stream. “Ouch!” you > will say. I don't say ouch- I do understand their pov. However, if you make something too costly/difficult, then you're going to fewer contributions, no matter how well intentioned. \ It's a just matter of compromise at best and I just feel the compromise is a bit one sided. > I agree this is tedious (I have multiple bug reports pending because I > am not sure of some submission requirement details), ------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That's another problem.. > of it as a little fee you give back... Nobody minds a "little", but IMO it's too much. My hobby time is real short, and I don't have time for "filling out forms" (to use an analogy). >> Instead they insist on *ada files and don't want >> anything that is not involved. Gnat tries to name >> the involved sources, but I have found that this isn't >> reliable - resulting in more futzing around. > Yes, that is why I prefer this: “remove a component, see if the bug > still express, remove a component, see if the bug ...”, until I can > get something small enough and as much as possible free of any > external dependencies or external libraries (if needed, you may also > create an local extract of library dependencies). The problem with this on a large project, is that this is a time intensive process. I prefer to just move on, if a work-around exists. Warren