Dmitry A. Kazakov expounded in news:jxughzsu2k7.fihzowngjkpt.dlg@40tude.net: > On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:09:26 -0700 (PDT), tonyg wrote: >> On Jul 12, 9:36�pm, Dirk Heinrichs wrote: >>> Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote: >>>> The version 3.9 has experimental packages for Debian and Fedora >>>> linux. Note that due to gcc 4.4 bugs not all features are >>>> available. See release notes: >>> >>>>http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/distributions/components_debian.htm >>> >>> For which debian version are those packages? I assume "testing", >>> because of gcc 4.4. OTOH you state that "APQ persistence layer is >>> not supported because APQ is not yet packaged.", but APQ packages >>> are available for "testing". So I'm a bit confused. >> I think this is because of the status of APQ rather than Dmitrys >> code . I have used these component recently to implement a database >> in odbc and I have to say it is very good and does the job. As to >> which version, just use the gpr file as part of your gnat-gps project >> and it works very very nice. > > Thanks, but regarding APQ it might indeed be broken. Actually I ceased > to support APQ since GNAT 3.14, because APQ was not maintained. I > happy to see that Debian guys want to revive it. I believe that Marcelo Cora�a de Freitas is still maintaining APQ. I passed the reins over him some time ago and he has since moved his support to the following site AFAIK: http://framework.kow.com.br/projects/show/apq The original (now unmaintained) site was/is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/apq I just ran out of time to keep it up myself. In fact, , I even gave up on Ada for a few years.. but I'm back now. ;-) Warren