Ludovic Brenta expounded in news:b3788036-725e-4462-8389-e7a9ca52b6a7@g19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com: > Warren wrote on comp.lang.ada: >> There is the SDL project:http://www.libsdl.org/libraries.php >> available for portable game writing. �Something like that in >> Ada form would be very useful. This is a big project, to be >> sure, but Ada tasking and games seem like a natural fit >> to me. I'd be interested in developing some games with this >> kind of framework. > > There exists an Ada binding: http://sourceforge.net/projects/adasdl/ Well that is cool. Thanks for the pointer. > Several years ago I started rewroting Defendguin in Ada with this > binding, see > > http://green.ada-france.org:8081/branch/changes/org.ludovic-brenta.defe > ndguin > > IIUC, it is possible to do OpenGL from within, or in conjunction with, > SDL, as most OpenGL games I know of also use SDL. I never tried. I'll definitely have to check that out. Now if I can only get my current project workload out of the way. ;-) Warren