adacrypt expounded in news:ab879ba9-12fb-4329-977e-248b7e856131 @u26g2000yqu.googlegroups.com: > I don�t profess to be very knowledgeable on the finer points of Ada�s > advantages so I will ask my question of more informed people and > hopefully get some guidance from some person. > > In the cryptography that I have invented my encryption program and > corresponding decryption program both work in much the same way so its > only necessary to describe one in order to ask my question. > > The encryption program (this will do) reads in a character from an > external batch file and encrypts it in between reading the next > character in the next pass of the same loop. ... > Question: If the encryption work was done in a separate CPU in another > location immediately after the character is read in would this speed > up the process very much. Google or read about Ada "tasks" (or "tasking"). There you will find out about the Ada support for concurrency ("threads"). Warren