Ludovic Brenta expounded in news:87y6f799pf.fsf@ludovic-brenta.org: > Adam Beneschan writes on comp.lang.ada: >> On May 24, 7:44 pm, Stephen Leake >> wrote: >>> Simon Wright writes: >>> > I hadn't come across electric-buffer-list before; I use >>> > mouse-buffer-menu, bound (not by me) to C-down-mouse-1. >>> >>> Ah; invoke electric-buffer-list. .. > I'm also an emacs bigot and I'm proud not to use the mouse at all from > within emacs. I run ratpoison as my "desktop environment". I > customized emacs not to display any menu bar or toolbar. ... > best of all worlds :) I'm also an emacs bigot though I've been using MicroEMACS instead since the days of DOS, Atari-ST and Amiga. It was also ported to the "then" relevant versions of unix in the late 80's (I think), when I adopted it. I have since customized it and ported it to Linux and other modern *nix. I've also added a few of my own C bugs. ;-) But it ports well and has a very small footprint, which I like. It's always my first "install" after loading up a given Linux distribution. Ppl have encouraged me to (re)-try Gnu-emacs, but the one feature that never seemed to work right was the "repeat last executed operation" operation, that I bind to ^C. When I tried it last, it mostly worked, but was still sufficiently busted that I could not switch. It is probably time for me to try it again (I had reported something that was queued to be fixed). I use ^C to repeat the last macro execution, among other things. The best version of emacs on the planet was Pr1me emacs, (sniff). I still have my Pr1me emacs manual somewhere at home ;-) I also have my .emacsrc set to recognize gnat code and to make ^X^Z-G go to the source line in error. Thanks to gnat it even points at the correct statement offset to the very token (or nearly). I'm sure your Gnu-emacs elisp code does the same thing. That sure saves a lot of time when fixing compile issues. The tools "emacs" and "Ada" -- best of breed IMO. ;-) Warren