Anh Vo expounded in news:a4179dee-f23c-489b-9695- 166460597b1b@u30g2000prd.googlegroups.com: > On May 3, 10:57�am, Pablo wrote: >> Hi, >> I have a function called Answer defined in several packages (each one >> is different according to the own package), and each function Answer >> is called by a permanent task every cycle. The issue is that when I >> compile some packages, the compiler bugs me informing "warning: >> declaration of "Answer" hides one at (...)". So, is there a way to >> define these overload functions in a "secure" way that I do not need >> to use pragma Warnings (OFF) to avoid these warnings? >> Thanks > > I believe use Clause of more than one package containing function > Answer is involved. The simple fix is to replace use Clause with full > qualification. > > Anh Vo As a compromise, you can do as I often do. Restrict your use clause usage to certain declare blocks. But this still won't work if two or more packages are simultaneously "used" containing "Answer". But I find this technique useful for use clausing in a more controlled manner. procedure Beat_Me_Use_Me is ... begin ... declare use P1; T1 : P1_Type; -- from P1 begin Answer(T1); -- P1.Answer end; ... end Beat_Me_Use_Me; Warren