Thomas L�cke expounded in news:4bccb39a$0$279$14726298@news.sunsite.dk: > Colin Paul Gloster wrote: >> Why did you consider a book which makes which packages things are in >> unclear by mutiliating programs by means of the USE keyword to be >> excellent? > > John Barnes spends a lot of time throughout the book explaining how the > with/use clauses work, how library units work, how the > scope/visibility/accesibility systems works and how packages work. He > does not blindly "abuse" the use keyword. Quote: .. > As a beginner I've had much joy out of reading the John Barnes book. It > deals with a complicated subject matter in clear and concise manner. I agree. I still have and frequently review my copy of the '95 version of the book. The '05 version is still too pricey for my liking, even used. I can wait for it. Warren.