Jim Balson expounded in news:4BA8FD54.8020200@cherrystonesoftware.com: > J-P. Rosen wrote: >> balson a écrit : >>> IOW, stay away from the likes of Java, C#, Pascal. Unless you >>> have a >>> very specific reason for going in that direction. Your performance >>> will suffer. >>> >> I don't see why you put Pascal in the same basket. Pascal is not part >> of the benchmark, therefore there is no evidence for what you say, >> and Pascal does not require an interpreter or semi-interpreter. > > I included Pascal because once you get up into languages that do > bounds checking, performance will degrade. ... Leave out bounds checking, and quality will degrade. Warren