jonathan expounded in news:dc294dc4-c89d-4cc0-9826-ac2848277771 @o3g2000yqb.googlegroups.com: > On Mar 9, 2:49�pm, Warren Gay wrote: >> This is the one main issue that made me give up on Ada a few >> years back. It seemed that every project that I wanted >> to do, required me to create a "binding" for this and >> another for that. Sing "It's a C/C++ world after all". .. >> Another approach might be to create a "binding translator". >> Feed a C/C++ preprocessed output into the translator and >> crank out some ugly but functional package(s). > Some more detail on the AdaCore binding translator Jacob mentioned ... > Recently I decided I wanted a binding to C package, googled for > a tutorial, and found gem 59 and gem 60 > > http://www.adacore.com/2009/02/23/gem-59/ > > Thanks AdaCore! I couldn't have written a binding myself even > in the easiest limit. All I did was type (iirc) > g++ -c -fdump-ada-spec -C file_name.h > and it wrote the thing for me. Lot's of tedious complications > due to C strings and the like were taken care of. A few things it > did wrong, but not too bad .. even I could fix it. > > Jonathan Hey, that is good news! I'll definitely check it out. Even if you have to run it on several platforms + tweak each one, it would be a great time saver over the present manual process. Warren