From: "gilrain" <john.thile@murraystate.edu>
Subject: Trouble with s'fraction attribute.
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 15:01:24 -0500
Date: 2002-09-28T15:01:24-05:00	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I'm writing a program in which I need to seperate the integer and fractional
parts of a float. After reading some documentation, it seemed like this
should do the trick:

with ada.text_io, ada.float_text_io;
use ada.text_io, ada.float_text_io;
procedure test is
   number, int, fl : float;
begin
   number := 2.9;

   int := float'truncation(number);
   fl := float'fraction(number);

   put(int,0,0,0); new_line;
   put(fl,0,0,0);
end test;

When this is run, int truncates as expected outputs as "2.0". Good. However,
fl outputs as "0.7", which isn't at all what I expected (0.9) or wanted.
What's going on here? I expect I've somehow misunderstood what the
s'fraction attribute does; is there a standard function for what I'm trying
to accomplish?

Thanks,

John Thile