From: Craig E. Ransom <dferret@erols.com>
Subject: Re: object Ada
Date: 1997/01/27
Date: 1997-01-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Wasiq:

<< I want to call win32 api to read data from
rs-232. do I need a vxd or i can just call
the api? >>

You should be able to just call the Windows API calls directly.  You
will have to create the appropriate record (struct) for the serial
device, but after that there should be no really difficult technical
issues.

I assume you have some references dealing with the Win95 API.

-- Craig (The Data Ferret 8:>)
Janus/Ada 83; Janus/Ada 95; JAWS & CLAW; AppletMagic
Using Virtual Access 3.52 build 159c (32-bit) Win95