From: Wannabe h4x0r <chris@dont.spam.me>
Subject: Ada Characters?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 02:07:44 GMT
Date: 2002-02-28T02:07:44+00:00	[thread overview]

I'm trying to figure out how to get my Ada program to single out ASCII
control codes without hosing the output of the rest of the text file.

Basically, I'm doing it like this...
with Ada.Characters; use Ada.Characters.Handling;

	TEXT : string(1..200);
	chk_char: character;  -- Check to see if this is a control character.
	chk_result : boolean;

and the code goes like this ...

	for l in TEXT'range loop
		chk_char := TEXT(l);
		chk_result := Is_control(chk_char);
			if chk_result is True then
				if <how do I check to see if it's a NL(new line) character?> then
					NEW_LINE;
				else
					NULL;
				end if;
			else
				Put(chk_char); --Put each character individually
			end if;
	end loop;

Anyways, that's the general gist of it.

Now, I got a short program that opens a text file, and reads from it, but
all it does is spew out control codes. Really odd. I really dont have a
handle on this as I can tell.

Tips?

Chris