From: Jano <nono@celes.unizar.es>
Subject: Gnat.Sockets.Stream memory "leak"
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:04:30 +0200
Date: 2003-07-01T21:04:30+02:00	[thread overview]

Okay, here I go.

I've spent today quite a time tracking down a memory leak. It has
finally resulted it was exactly not a leak, only a misassumption on my
part.

It happens that each call to Gnat.Sockets.Stream allocates a new stream
object to return its access.

My assumption was that, like the Ada.Streams.Stream_IO.Stream call, that
Stream_access need not to be freed. Now, I see not any recommendation or
note about the necessity of freeing these resources neither in Stream_IO
nor in Gnat.Sockets. I'm mistaken about Stream_IO not needing the free?
I've been naive about Gnat.Sockets silence about it?

And, as a side note, why doesn't exist a Stream_access type in
Ada.Streams? I find somewhat inconvenient defining it in my packages and
converting here and there.

Thanks!

--
Jano