From: "Björn Persson" <spam-away@nowhere.nil>
Subject: Re: Ada call from vc++
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:45:32 GMT
Date: 2005-06-07T20:45:32+00:00	[thread overview]

Matthias wrote:
> we have an c++-application that includes a dll with adacode. Another
> c++-application starts this app with CreateProcess(...). After starting
> the c++-app the following error comes up:
> "Program terminated by an exception propagated out of the main
> subprogram. Exception raised: ADA.IO_EXCEPTIONS.USE_ERROR. Executable
> name... EIP EBP..."
> If we start the c++-app with the adacode dll manually there is no error
> message shown.

The RM says: "The exception Use_Error is propagated if an operation is
attempted that is not possible for reasons that depend on
characteristics of the external file."

So you'll have to think of things like: Are there any differences in
which files the DLL tries to access? Does the program get the same
standard in, standard out and standard error files in both cases? Any
parameters that might change how it operates on the files?

If you have the source code it'll help you a lot if you can get a stack
trace and see where the exception comes from.

--
Bj�rn Persson                              PGP key A88682FD
                    omb jor ers @sv ge.