From: "Marc A. Criley" <mcNOSPAM@mckae.com>
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Avatox 1.0 is now available
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 01:15:17 GMT
Date: 2006-08-25T01:15:17+00:00	[thread overview]

Simon Wright wrote:

> Not so sure there is a prevailing sytle or idiom for XML!

Well, I go by the specs, the books, and what I see around, so that's how I
settled on camelCase/no underscores.  YMMV :-)

> I suppose that depends on your XML-generation toolset. But I don't
> think you need to worry about what to associate, just suppress the
> <A_CLAUSE/> element and output an <A_WITH_CLAUSE/> (or whatever).

Well, it's the XML I want (and what proceeds from that starting point), and
I don't care so much how it gets created, so long as it's a faithful and
detailed representation of the original code.

> I meant that ASISWG might be interested in 'sponsoring' a schema
> definition working party (as informal as you like!). After all, at the
> moment we have your schema and mine, each with advantages and
> disadvantages, and on my side at least suffering from blind spots; for

Bring it to Clyde's attention, he still seems to be the ASIS guy.  While
I'd like to have a schema, that's not my goal, though I'd be happy to
review and comment during the process of developing one.

> example, it was only on comparing the two utilties' output that I
> realised I'd completely forgotten about context clauses!

So I'd noticed :-)  And hence, Avatox, which was quite simple to evolve
from Display_Source.

-- Marc A. Criley
-- McKae Technologies
-- www.mckae.com