From: emery@goldfinger.mitre.org (David Emery)
Subject: Re: Flags in Ada?
Date: 31 Oct 94 09:29:38
Date: 1994-10-31T09:29:38+00:00	[thread overview]

>insist on compilers that have this feature if you need it, it's
>required by the language definition.

There has been a lot of disagreement within the Ada83 community on the
'enforcability' of Chapter 13 requirements...  My practical experience
is that a lot of work is needed to get the portability I want in
Ada83, given the current set of compilers.

Maybe Ada9X will be different, but just because the LRM says something
is no particular guarantee that all compilers implement it correctly.

				dave
--
--The preceeding opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
--The MITRE Corporation or its sponsors.