From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.acm.org>
Subject: Re: Files and controlled types
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 03:12:33 GMT
Date: 2008-03-09T03:12:33+00:00	[thread overview]

Maciej Sobczak wrote:

> File types are not Controlled.
> What is the rationale for this?

What makes you think they're not controlled. The ARM only gives the public view,
which is limited private; there's nothing to prevent the full view from being
controlled. In addition, the descriptions of Ada.Sequential_IO, Ada.Direct_IO,
and Ada.Text_IO all include the language "The type File_Type needs finalization
(see 7.6)".

--
Jeff Carter
"No one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle,