From: "nicolas" <n.brunot@cadwin.com>
Subject: Re: Direct_IO problem -- generic package problem
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:25:20 +0200
Date: 2001-07-12T14:25:20+02:00	[thread overview]

It seems that Gnat implementation of Direct_IO is not compatible with the
use of pragma Ada_83 (Is this a bug ?)
You should list what you use from Direct_IO, and write your own My_Direct_IO
package (not necessarely generic)
Anyway if you use this package for save/load, you need a file format which
is not Gnat specific.

"Magnus Sparf" <magnus-s@dsv.su.se> a �crit dans le message news:
9ik2qt$1p2$1@mercur.foa.se...
> Thanks for the quick reply
> I just tried  "pragma Ada_83;" but the only result is a new error message
> from GNAT related to the same problem?:
> db.adb:58:07: instantiation error at a-direio.adb:190
> db.adb:58:07: unconstrained subtype not allowed (need initialization)
> db.adb:58:07: instantiation error at a-direio.adb:210
> db.adb:58:07: unconstrained subtype not allowed (need initialization)
>
> Is there a way to get around the problem without the use of "pragma
Ada_83;"