From: patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org
Subject: Interfacing Ada With Full Runtime Directly to Electronic Chips
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 18:42:04 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2017-01-01T18:42:04-08:00	[thread overview]

Hi Everyone

Happy New Year!

Ada-AVR is a neat project and I am not knocking it. It doesn't have tasking support yet but this is of course a huge job.

If I want to connect any sort of computer running Linux directly to a circuit using "full Ada" with tasking support what are my options?

By circuit, I mean a variety of electronic components and in this case with no microcontroller, an A/D chip is a simple example.

I am thinking that single board computers like BeagleBone are my best bet, they have plenty of GPIO lines.

Has anyone interfaced directly with chips via SPI or IC2 via a GPIO PCI card or GPIO-USB adapter ?

Is there any other options?

Thanks-Patrick