From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Questions: interfacing to C
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 04:54:05 GMT
Date: 2001-01-02T04:54:05+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3A515730.D2106823@worldnet.att.net>,
  James Rogers <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Your two questions seem to be summarized by: "How do I bind
to a C
> pointer?"
>
> The answer is to use the package Interfaces.C.Pointers. This
> package is described in section B.3.2 of the Ada Reference
Manual.

I really don't see why Interfaces.C.Pointers is relevant here.
Everything that is needed here can likely be found in Annex B.

Part of the trouble is that we do not have enough information
in the question, what does "shim" mean? One does not interface
directly to types, but typically through procedure calls, so
what we really need here is the full set of declarations.

Note that convention C_Pass_By_Copy is also relevant in this
discussion.,

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/