From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: How to lock keys.
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:18:20 GMT
Date: 2000-12-15T22:18:20+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <Ikv_5.8875$0U2.342784@news20.bellglobal.com>,
  "Freelancer" <freelancer_2001@hotmail.com> wrote:
> If it's not an ada question then how is it that other software may
> disable the use of the key.

Exactly! :-)

There's nothing special about Ada here, so what you need to do is figure
out "how is it that other software may disable the use of the key", and
then do that in your code. There might be some people here who just
happen to know how Windows programs do this, but this isn't a Windows
newsgroup. You'd probably have much better luck consulting a Windows
programming group, or trying your luck with the Windows development
documentation.

Now if you get the answer to how Windows programs do it, but you still
don't know how to do the same thing in Ada, *that's* where we come in.

p.s. From my limited Windows experience, I'd say that making your
program a GUI program instead of a console program would probably do the
trick. Every Windows compiler I've used (C or Ada) has some compiler
option to choose which type of application to build at link time. You'll
have to ask an ObjectAda expert (or read the OA docs) to find out how
that compiler does it. But if you actually *want* a console and no GUI,
that's a whole different kettle of fish...

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/