From: George <mail2george@gmx-topmail.de>
Subject: Problems with String processing
Date: 23 Oct 2010 20:16:53 GMT
Date: 2010-10-23T20:16:53+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi All,

I have some problems with string processing. My program looks like this:

begin
-- Ada.Command_Line.Argument_Count is "0" if
-- a) Command_Line.Argument_Count is not implemented (Compiler, OS)
-- b) no arguments given
if Ada.Command_Line.Argument_Count > 0 then
   for counter in 1..Ada.Command_Line.Argument_Count loop
      Arg = Ada.Characters.Handling.To_Upper(Ada.Command_Line.Argument
(counter)); -- this assignment is the problem
      if Arg = "ADA83" then
         Ada83;
      elsif Arg = "ADA95" then
         Ada95;
      elsif Arg = "ADA2005" then
         Ada2005;
      elsif Arg = "ATTRIBUTES" then
         Attributes;
      elsif Arg = "ALL" then
         Ada83;
         Ada95;
         Ada2005;
         Attributes;
         Sources;
         Author;
      else -- unknown argument
         Ada.Text_IO.put_line("Given Argument is unknown!");
      end if;
   end loop;

The assignment Arg = Ada.Characters.Handling.To_Upper
(Ada.Command_Line.Argument(counter)); will not work due to a CONSTRAINT
ERROR. The problem is that the command line arguments given are of
different length. Ada expects the string to match exactly the length of
the defined variable "Arg" with 10 characters.

How could I solve that problem?

Regards

George