From: gorgelo@hotmail.com
Subject: GNAT bug in the GNAT GPL 2014 compiler?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:19:28 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2015-03-24T12:19:28-07:00	[thread overview]

Dear all,

I wasn't going to share the code for the mock code generator I've been working on before completion, but I've run in to some strange compilation error and would like to get a second opinion about it. The code that doesn't compile can be found at github:

https://github.com/joakim-strandberg/amock

amock depends upon ASIS (GNAT GPL 2014) and:

https://github.com/joakim-strandberg/aida

The compilation error is: amock-main_application.adb:170:61: missing "with Ada.Characters;"

That file contains "with Ada.Characters.Conversions;" among the with-statements. Why does the compiler complain? If one comments out the line 170, the code compiles just fine.

When writing the code for amock I've refrained from using access types in anticipation for the coming release of SPARK GPL in May 2015. I think it will be cool to be able to formally verify code that contains tagged types (Of course, I don't know if SPARK GPL 2015 will support it, maybe that functionality will only exist in a PRO version). Anyways, amock has been written in anticipation of it.

Best regards,
Joakim Strandberg