From: Bob Duff <bobduff@theworld.com>
Subject: Re: Strange error
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 19:47:16 -0500
Date: 2015-01-23T19:47:16-05:00	[thread overview]

Laurent <daemon2@internet.lu> writes:

> Quite obvious could have found that myself by thinking/searching a bit more.
>
> How do you professionals prevent such stupid errors? I am just a noob and
> playing a bit around so it has no impact on anything.

One way is to use Ada.Containers.Doubly_Linked_Lists.  But that won't
work for you, because you're not trying to use doubly-linked lists,
you're trying to learn how to implement them.  Which is something
programmers should know how to do.

So draw a doubly-linked list on paper, with circles and arrows.
Go through each procedure and "execute" it by hand, erasing the
arrows and drawing new ones.  Take care to execute what you wrote,
not what you meant to write.  Bugs like the one mentioned will
usually become obvious.

- Bob