From: Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk>
Subject: Re: Parsing Ada?
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 09:53:23 +0200
Date: 2015-06-08T09:53:23+02:00	[thread overview]

Simon Wright wrote:
> Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk> writes:

>>   - The functions to call for converting the formal parameter type to
>>     and from type String.
>
> This is going to be tricky to automate!

My original plan was to require the existence of Image and Value
functions declared in the same package as the types.

But if I go for ASIS, I expect that I can check if the types have Image
and Value functions as primitive operations, or have 'Image and 'Value
attributes.  If neither is the case, I can report the error already
while analysing the package specification, instead of leaving it to the
compiler to complain, when compiling the generated driver.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"It is very easy to get ridiculously confused about the
 tenses of time travel, but most things can be resolved