From: dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu (David Starner)
Subject: Re: More C
Date: 2000/01/28
Date: 2000-01-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 05:14:39 GMT, tmoran@bix.com <tmoran@bix.com> wrote:
>type SDL_Palette is record
>        Number_Of_Colors: C.Int;
>        Colors: Color_List_Access;
>end record;
>
>I presume you really want Colors to point to a Color_List, not to a
>single color.  Note that Colors will point to a list of N colors,
>where N may, or may not, equal Number_Of_Colors.  So you can either
>ignore Number_Of_Colors (using Palette.Colors.all'length if you need
>the count of colors in the list) or you can have your "Indexed"
>function do a check that "Index in 1 ..  Number_Of_Colors" or
>"Index in 0 ..  Number_Of_Colors-1" or whatever, in addition to the
>automatic index check.

This seems wrong. What gives Ada the information about how long that
list is? Looking at the C structure, the reason why Number_Of_Colors
was stored there is so that the length is known, and it is not
stored anywhere else.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
If you wish to strive for peace of soul then believe;