From: pumilia@est.it
Subject: Re: help on interfacing with fortran
Date: 2000/01/25
Date: 2000-01-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <slrn883q7d.899.gisle@apal.ii.uib.no>,
  gisle@apal.ii.uib.no (Gisle S�lensminde) wrote:
> In article <38818E32.FD90616B@cstc.org>, Paolo M. Pumilia wrote:
> >
> >I would like to interface a set of fortran soubroutines and functions
> >to main Ada procedure.
> Here is a pice of code that do what you tried to do. Since it seems
> that you have some problem with the Ada syntax in general, I have
> tried to make some hopefully useful comments in the code. The code
> seemed to work on SGI IRIX 6.5 with gnat 3.11b and g77. The code was
> compiled with:
>
> g77 -c -fno-second-underscore rnor.f
> gnatmake ada_main.adb -largs rnor.o

Thank you for your help;
It works perfectly now. Pseudo random numbers generated by rnor.f are
exactly the same wether is is calld by a fortran main program or by ada
procedure.
Compilation of rnor.o on a intel i686 platform has been done using
different options:

% g77 -fno-second-underscore -fno-automatic -finit-local-zero -c  rnor.f

to initialize to binary zeros parameters not passed as an argument and
to save current values of local variables in functions and subroutines.
Thank you again

Paolo Pumilia

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.