From: Samuel Mize <smize@imagin.net>
To: denny@earthling.net, smize
Subject: Re: Very big Integers
Date: 1999/04/23
Date: 1999-04-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Denny <vrandezo@trick.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> I'd like to know, if there is any possibility to use natural numbers
> bigger than Integer'LAST, to print them on the screen and to calculate
> with them (add, subtract, power, multiplicate)...
>
> Something like
>
> subtype Big_Natural is Very_Long_Integer range 0..2**100 (about, the
> bigger the better)

It's possible, but unlikely, that your compiler supports them.  Just
make it a new type instead of a subtype, i.e. make the declaration:

  type Big_Natural is range 0 .. 2**100;

and see if it compiles.

If not, you'll have to build your own type.  There may be some
huge-number packages around, check the repositories you can
links to via http://www.adahome.com or http://www.acm.org/sigada .

If you can't find one, it shouldn't be too hard to build a new type.

Best,
Sam Mize

--
Samuel Mize -- smize@imagin.net (home email) -- Team Ada